Tuesday, April 10, 2012


 Why Shimmying Sideways?


Well honestly because I cannot come up with names and one of my dear friends, Anne, came up with the name and I loved the meaning behind it.

Shimmying in bellydance is where you vibrate your butt or your hips, pulling muscles to create a back and forth motion, which visually appears up and down. Creating a vibration
In essence, you cannot shimmy sideways. Your muscles do not move that way. It is the same as trying to bend your arm left at a right angle at the elbow.

In her words “My personal vote is "Shimmying Sideways" for making life work no matter what is thrown at you.”
This concept reminds me of the saying, “when life hands you lemons, make lemonade” I hate that saying, and all the lemon ones. They make sense but they are not inspirational to me, I don’t know why. The one I really love, is “when life gives you lemons, make grape juice and sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it”.

This past month has been hard, very hard. Things I don’t need to put on a public blog. But I am trying to work through them. I have my family and some good friends helping me through it. In essence, this is why the name fits, so anne this is for you ^_^. And special shout outs to Kate and Kristen for ideas as well! ^*^  



No comments:

Post a Comment